- My Green Bag Lady bag came today.
- I sewed a messenger bag (though it's still kind of in progress).
- I drank a gallon of milk in four days.
- I wrote the first draft for an English essay a whole week in advance!
- I did some dishes.
- Lost Boy let me take care of him (a little) while he was sick.
- I took the Census Exam to apply to work for the 2010 Census.
Thursday, February 11, 2010
I'm feeling pretty good about some of the things that happened this week. A lot of them, though not all, are things I accomplished! Here is the happy rundown (in no order whatsoever):
Friday, February 05, 2010
I've been feeling better this week! There may be various reasons:
- I've been in to see my doctor and we increased my depression meds.
- I'm entering the Second Trimester and actually spending some time out of bed! I did a couple of chores (dishes, sweeping, cleaning the bathtub) for the first time in a long time and I felt productive!
- The sun came out a few times.
- I've been going to bed earlier (meaning Lights Out and No Flashlight). I turned out the light by 10:30 pm THREE CONSECUTIVE NIGHTS!!! (Okay, the third night it was actually 10:35 pm). My goal is seven consecutive nights, but three is a personal record.
My friend, Liz, suggested the Flintstones. She told me they absorb so fast you haven't got a chance to throw them up. Good thing! She observed that she eventually had to stop buying them because she would discover the jar empty and have to call poison control after identifying which kid was the culprit. I laughed when she told me that, but then I ate one...
My lab tests came back and my doctor called me to tell me that I'm anemic. AGAIN. No wonder I just want to lay around all day! There is a prescription waiting for me at the pharmacy, but meanwhile I have hesitantly (and bravely!) started taking iron again. Lost Boy suggested cutting the tablet in half to see if that made me feel less nauseous than the whole dose. Smart boy! It does! So my plan is to take two halves of my iron until we get over to the pharmacy.
In the long term, I wonder if cutting my prenatal in half will reduce how nauseous it makes me feel. I will have to try it, although I really like eating the Flintstone vitamins...
P.S. They have sour flavored Flintstones too!