- When Baby Two Flowers had a cold a few weeks ago I rubbed Vaseline on her nose and lip to keep her skin from getting sore after all the nose wiping I did.
- When you're fixing your bike, use some Vaseline to lubricate your bike chain.
- Lost Boy says that Vaseline is useful for lubricating the air cylinder of a Nerf Gun. Just don't ask me where the air cylinder is, or why it needs to be lubricated.
- Vaseline makes great lip gloss. It soothes chapped lips better than other glosses. But don't expect much in the way of tint and flavor.
- I've heard that marathon runners rub Vaseline into their skin beneath their running shorts and bras to keep their clothes from chaffing. When I get up the determination to run a marathon I'll let you know if it works.
- If you've run out of WD40 (or know that it is really a water displacer, not a lubricant) you can smear Vaseline on a key and put it into a squeaky or sticky lock to loosen things up a bit.
- When you change your car battery, smear Vaseline on the contacts before you secure it to reduce sparking.
- You can use Vaseline to waterproof leather shoes. Nika says she used it on her combat boots when she was in the military.
- If you are in a beauty pageant you can use Vaseline to grease your teeth so your lips don't get stuck to them. It makes it easier to smile. I've never tried it.
- If you have a certain kind of mustache you can use a bit of Vaseline to Evil it. That's when you twist the ends up at the corners of your mouth. (Lost Boy is currently growing his mustache out so can Evil it.)
What do you do with Vaseline?
I wrote this blog post while participating in the TwitterMoms and Vaseline blogging program, making me eligible to get a $25 gift card. For more information on how you can participate, click here.