So why is a daily and weekly rhythm so difficult for me to follow? Perhaps it is because I have to have a rhythm to follow. But my days and weeks are arbitrarily arranged, there is no music to give them shape and structure. I know that others struggle with setting up and following a routine, but when I'm not reading a blog post about it and am struggling to be productive and proactive I feel very alone and lost within myself.
I can make daily and weekly schedules for myself (I love Excel), but why is it so hard to actually follow them? Life is so much more enjoyable when there is a steady rhythm of eating, sleeping and waking, cleaning, and playing. But I can't hear the music to follow it. Is it even there?
* * *I searched "rhythm" on Pinterest for some inspiration (searching by images work really well for me). Here are some posts that I'm thinking might help me find the music:
- A Kids Day: Visual Schedules and Routine Charts (via Play At Home Mom)
- Rachel of LuSa Organics: Weekly Rhythm Chart
- Chocolate Eyes: Daily Rhythm & Chart (Note to self: ponder the clothespin chore chart thing.) and Nightly Tasks in Pictures
- Old Recipe for a New World: Ordering the Stars: Housekeeping Rhythm (This type of rhythm isn't working for me, but her first paragraph perfectly describes how I feel.)
- Candace Rider's Daily Rhythm Pin